Isabella handed me the cutest letter this morning. It was in an envelope labelled "food I like"
and inside was this gorgeous list to help me plan what to feed them. Every month or so I ask them for what they want to eat as I can get brain dead and stuck in ruts with food for them. They eat quite a good range of foods, but there are things they will not eat and it has to be approached the right way to get them to try new foods. So I need to have a idea bank to turn to, especially when I don't want to deal with the stress of trying to get them to try something else.
The cutest thing though is Bella's phonetic spelling, it makes me wonder how she hears things, and also how well I pronounce words. My favourites from this mornings list being
'fish and vechdurboolz' (vegetables)
'tarco and rapz'
'buter chickon (with ris)'
'bakbinz' (baked beans)
I have to sound the words out loud sometime to get some of the harder ones, I think this next one
'icecrems and semcherees' (I think that's with some cherries), which is so cute because she loves cherries but has never had them with ice cream. But I could find out that it is something completely different that I just wasn't getting!
Anyway, so cute. The others were pretty straightforward, but I just love how she thinks like this, I'll give Mum a hand with dinner plans.
Also a miracle has occurred with Micah, I nearly died last night from shock when Micah and Bella got out Battleship and were playing together last night. Micah got it for his birthday last year and has played it once under pressure from me to give it a go. He is hard to get interested in new things, and is obsessed with pokemon, and computer games and dsi games. We have had to limit it so much because he wants to play on any of them constantly. He has been hard to get outside, hard to try anything new, he even escaped from after school sports and snuck to catch the bus home because he hated going! He is a really fantastic reader when he is interested, but sometimes I have read the fist couple of pages with him until he gets interested, and then he takes over and I don't see him for a couple of hour til the novel is finished! Anyway, I'm sure you get that he is hard to get to DO anything new, or sometimes just anything that doesn't involve computers!
So to see that he had got it down and wanted to play with Bella. They were so cute and I told them how lucky they are to have each other to play with and that they can always be good friends for each other and have fun together. Then Micah said "this is such a fun game Mum", and I said "isn't it more fun than playing the computer?" Micah said "Yeah, heaps more fun." He looked up at me with the sweetest smile. I ended up letting them stay up an hour later as it was just so gorgeous and I was just so happy that they were getting it!!
There has been a change is Micah in the last few weeks, which has been leading to this sort of attitude, and it makes me so happy. I was feeling so lost with what I could even do to help him as he wasn't really happy and involved, and nothing I tried seemed to be working.
I love my sweet kids.
1 comment:
Hey cutie! So glad you started posting again. I love to see the pictures of your lovely children. It was so good to reconnect the other week--I've been meaning to write you a real email again. Hugs & Love--Janine
Post a Comment